We do what we do because we care about the world we live in. We believe that all of us who live on planet earth are united in our needs and in our hopes. We also believe that if each of us contributes in even a small way, the world will improve. And lastly, we believe people only reach their full potential when they feel that someone sincerely cares, and that sincerity is best expressed through relationship.
It is a great privilege to be entrusted with your hard-earned funds and to be able to act as an intermediary between those who donate and those who receive. Because of this we work very hard to keep all our operating costs to a minimum.
Secure that your donation arrives safely in Brazil and is properly distributed once there. We have a dedicated team of volunteers in Recife who have been involved with our organization for many years. We are in close contact with them at all times, in addition members of our Toronto operating team visit this project at least once a year.
Since Generous Hearts is entirely run by volunteers, your support is essential.
WE SIMPLY CAN’T DO IT WITHOUT YOU.
We assure that your donation will be appropriately directed towards our projects, where the need is most urgent.
Generous Hearts will issue tax receipts for the total amount donated to the donor.
If anyone is interested in visiting our projects in Recife, please contact Generous Hearts at
(905) 839-2209 or (416) 402-0711.
GOD BLESS ALL THOSE WHO WORK GENEROUSLY WITH GENEROUS HEARTS!
Carry on reading to learn where your money goes.
WHERE YOUR MONEY GOES
There has been a lot of news coverage recently about Charity scams. Generous Hearts would like you to know a few things about our organization that will put your mind at ease:
- The money gets sent to the chief project manager of each project. These managers have been known to Generous Hearts for many years. They provide receipts to Generous Hearts for the funds they receive from us, detailing their disbursements. Also, we visit the projects on a yearly basis to verify the progress in person.
- We have several very competent financial advisors on board.
- Our organization is registered as a non-for-profit entity with the Canadian Government and, as such, we must abide by strict requirements from them in order to maintain our status.
- We send the money through Wire Transfer.
- The money arrives in Brazil directly in the account pertaining to Generous Hearts at Caixa Econômica Federal, Recife, PE.
- We are a grassroots organization, which means that it is fully run and managed by authorized volunteers, in order to make sure that your donation is going to direct service.
- The cost of almost all of our overhead is covered either by gifts in kind, or by many of the volunteers who donate not only their time, but also their money.